We have a doozy of a show for you this week – 4 hours of “doozyness”, in fact – as we delve into how to create your own podcast and everything that you need to know to get started and have the best chance at creating a successful show. As someone who has been doing a podcast for over 7 years – of which is listened to in over 100 countries – there are a lot of tips, tricks and lessons (including mistakes) that I have learned over the years.
I am joined by listener favorite, Patrick, who recently began his own podcast for his business…therefore you will have the benefit of hearing from someone who has been producing a personal show for many years, in addition to the perspective of someone who is just starting out in the world of podcasting.
We cover everything from:
- How to choose your subject matter
- Planning your content, format & structure
- Tips & tricks
- Mistakes I’ve made along the way and how you can avoid them
- What I’ve learned and principles I’ve stuck to over the years
- Choosing the right microphone(s) and recording software
- Building your audience, branding and marketing
If you have ever thought about starting your own podcast, you will hear a detailed discussion of everything that you will need to know in order to get started and to drastically increase your show’s chance of success.
We approached the subject matter with the intent of helping the average person get started without breaking the bank on expensive gear in the process.