For a Game of Thrones episode titled “Blood of My Blood,” there was surprisingly little blood.
We saw the return of Benjen Stark (aka: Cold Hands), and caught a glimpse of the Mad King’s death. We also witnessed some sneaky political maneuvers by the High Sparrow, who seemingly check-mated the Lannisters and Tyrells.
Arya Stark remembers her name – and where she buried her sword, Needle; and we meet Samwell Tarly’s dad, who won’t be winning any “Father of the Year” awards anytime soon.
“Oh, and have you met my dragon?” – Daenerys to the Dothraki
“Blood Of My Blood” represents a number of turning points for the season – especially for Dany and Bran – as we begin to step into new and uncharted territory for the series.
The Game of Thrones podcast crew of Dana, Vanessa and Peter dig deep into the fan theories that turned out to be true, and speculate about where the remainder of Season 6 is heading.
However, we all agree that it was yet another great episode this season, and (thankfully) not as traumatic as last week’s.
- We’re reminded that Walder Frey is still alive and needs to be killed, violently
- Edmure is also alive and being used as a pawn…but to what end?
- Jaime and Brienne are headed to the Riverlands – and Vanessa is positively giddy over the prospect of Lady Stoneheart’s possible arrival onto the show
- Sam grows a pair and steals a Valyrian steel blade from his prick of a father
- Arya is seemingly out of that spooky death cult and is, hopefully, going to make her way back to Westeros with her list of names and trusty Needle in hand
Thanks for tuning in, and be sure to send your comments, questions or fan theories to dana (at) stimulated boredom (dot) com, and we will respond to your email on the next show!
Also Available for Direct Download.